Saturday, April 13, 2013

L is for feeling Lowly + Save-a-Word


I guess feeling exhausted for the last couple of days was a precursor to the Lowly germ bugs invading my system. After a good, but early work morning, a gradual progression began: the headache came again, then soar throat, then feeling achy.

I'd been free of getting ill all autumn and winter. In fact, it's been quite a while since I'd gotten sick. Luckily yesterday I was able to leave work early, take some Nyquil and get some sleep. Unfortunately, after gobbling up vitamin C since Thursday morning, I've been overcome by the Lowly bugs nonetheless. Guess they started making their stealthy march to overtake my immune system before I realized it. Those sneaky little devils!

Such a busy weekend scheduled too. No matter what, I'm going to meet with my critique partner, even if I have to cancel everything else!

Either way, I hope the headaches fade enough so that I can catch up on reading you guys' posts this weekend.



For Save-a-Word Saturday rules, click here.

The theme:
Lace socks
My word:
Limacine - (adj.) sluglike

My writing:

Despite all efforts and past successes in combatting the onslaught of bacterial infections, today LaRonda resigned. And she had planned to wear her new lace socks today. Instead, she hung out the white flag and, with limacine motions, trudged her way into bed and covered her head under thick blankets into soothing darkness.

17 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope you get a chance to rest and get to feeling better before the new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt unwell in the week and fell behind on commenting for a while. So I know about being under the weather too. Hope you feel better soon and cool word save today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely get sick but my boyfriend falls sick every year without fail. Get plenty of rest darlin.

    My AtoZ challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been a bit lowly and fallen behind on blog visits. Mine is due to extra weekend working hours plus I had to go out of town for 2 days...
    Not sure if I'll be able to catch up on blog visits... will try...

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, limacine is a cool one! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, though. :( Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I like that word! Blankets and soothing darkness definitely sounds good ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. That limacine feeling is no fun. Well wishes, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May you feel better soon! Another appropriate word - lurgee. We've had the same going round our house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Nancy,

    Sorry to hear you are not well. I hope you feel better IMMEDIATELY! Spring/summer colds are worst. Get some rest and drink lots of green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry the bug finally got to you. Take it easy and focus on getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am quite enchanted with the word "limacine"--I often feel like a slug when I have the Lowly-ness. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a great usage of Limacine! Although it's not great that you're feeling under the weather. Here's wishing you a warm cup of tea and good health soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love new words, and I love finding other Christian bloggers and authors! Saying a little prayer for your healing, Nancy.
    Blessings!
    Pam at 2 Encourage

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, Nancy. Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, I hope you feel better soon!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add wonderful flavors. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...